Thursday, July 9, 2009

Love & Loss

The past few months Jelly and I have dealt with a lot of loss. We've lost my grandma, Michael Jackson, and today we lost my grandma's dog, Cheebe.

Cheebe was a very good friend of Jelly's. She always let Jelly pick on her, whether it was letting Jelly block her up the stairs, or bite and pull on her ears, she always was a good sport. Jelly loved Cheebe very much, and she will be missed.

All of this has led to a debate between my family members. Where do dogs go in the afterlife? What happens to them? Some people believe they have no souls. I don't believe this. I view heaven the same way I viewed it when I was a little girl. I think it's this place where everyone sits on the clouds (which feels similar to my down comforter) and you have everything and anyone you have ever wanted in your life. If that's how it is, of course I would want Jelly there in my afterlife.

It's very difficult sometimes to see what good can come out of someone leaving your life. It's always hard to make sense of it at the time, but there always is a reason. Here is something you may or may not know. Jelly was not the product of a one night stand, or a drunken evening. She was the product of a broken heart. I got Miss Jelly after a break-up, and if that never would've happened, I never would have gotten Jelly, who happened to bring my grandma such great joy in her last year. I'm grateful that I can see all of this now and realize that everything, no matter what it is, happens for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment